Monday, April 18, 2016

Playing with Photoshop Types Part 2

As we continued to learn more about Photoshop, we also were told to keep on experimenting with the tools and filters. It was a lot of fun to see what would happen when you took off a single layer or multiple layers. I think what I honestly liked the best was the filters that could be applied. I thought it was interesting to learn that these filters came from people who spent so much time figuring out a filter to create for Photoshop. Applying effects was also really enjoyable just because it was so good to finally see for myself how much magazines and media can manipulate someone's face or body to look completely different. I liked learning about Photoshop because I enjoyed understanding that these images all over media were highly unrealistic and seeing the tools that went into them was more than just informative, it was enlightening.

Gif 1:

  In this first photo, I made only some slight changes with the layers.

Gif 2:

  In this second photo, I decided to eliminate most of my silhouette and have the primary focus be the hands. I really like this because with a simple manipulation of the layers, it changed the meaning of the photo entirely.

Gif 3:

  In the third photo, i wanted my silhouette to be there but not to be very filled in. I liked that only the darkest parts of my figure showed in this one.


Gif 4:

  This fourth photo is definitely my favorite because the layering change plus a filter was so fascinating as a result. Using the layer change and a filter made the whole thing look like it was drawn with colored pencils or with very light crayon, and I thought this was a really interesting look.


Gif 5:

  Since I liked the look of my fourth photo so much, I decided that I would try to keep the colored pencil look but keep my silhouette and see what kind of effect that would have on the overall picture. I liked it because it made my silhouette dark and the main focus, but I didn't end up liking it as much as the other one.
















No comments:

Post a Comment