Monday, April 18, 2016

Brainstorming Logos

I was very excited to get to experiment with logos for class. Since my major is Advertising and Public Relations, I know how important logos are in the business world and to represent yourself and/or your organization. My client was my classmate Christianna Ing. For this assignment, we were told we needed to take our client's resume and discover five separate things about them that represented who they are and their interests. Once we had those five things, we were told to use them to create logos based upon those interests/ unique personality traits. I used what I gathered from her resume to create five sets of sketches. The following were selected to be the best ones out of the 25 originals created. Christianna's five interest were:

1. Leadership and Scholar

-This sketch came from leadership and scholar. The globe is meant to describe leadership, while also representing her excellence in education. The C is embedded in one side of the globe, while the I is in the pedestal of the globe.




2. Digital Arts and Graphics

-For her digital arts and graphics side, I had a very hard time choosing what would work best for her since that is quite difficult to portray. I ended up using a play on words. The C is a large outline of the letter, while inside of it there is an actual "eye" to represent the letter I.





3. Modern/Simple and Sophisticated/Cute

-I really had fun sketching a lot of different designs for modern/simple and sophisticated/cute. This one is one of my favorites because it is a wine glass with the letters inside the image. The C is on its side as the bottom of the wine glass, while the stem of the glass is actually the I in her name.





4. Charity Work

-For her charity work, I decided to go with a simple heart design that could double for sophisticated/cute as well. This design used a heart to represent charity while still using the C and the I of her name inside the heart itself.





5. Health and Fitness

- Although this design may not immediately resemble anything to do with health and fitness, it is a logo sketch that gives off an air of strength and endurance (similar to the lines of a bridge) that works well with this trait.








No comments:

Post a Comment