Monday, April 18, 2016

Calligram

For this assignment, I was really excited to create my own calligram because personally I love the way they look. I think calligrams are a unique way to show an image and convey meaning outside just the plain image. However, I had a pretty hard time understanding some of the tools we used in class and was pretty nervous about actually getting the assignment done. I chose a poem about the moon and stars because I think that in terms of powerful images, the sky (especially the moon/stars) are quite powerful and would be fun to do as a calligram. I would say the most challenging parts of this assignment was making the words fill the entire shape of the moon, because for some reason they did not want to fit into the edges. Another struggle I had with this assignment was making sure that all of the words fit into the desired shape and not letting them overflow. At the end I was pretty happy with my product and felt it was successful.

Original Image:




Calligram:

No comments:

Post a Comment