Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Mesh Tool

For this assignment, we were told to use the mesh tool in Illustrator to create a mirrored image of an object that we had in our room. We were told to take a picture of the object and then upload it into Illustrator. We then used a combination of the pen tool, direct selection tool, and eyedropper tool to make an exact copy using Illustrator of the original object. I found this project to be pretty challenging.

Although it was definitely time consuming, what I had a really had a hard time with was actually getting the correct color where they needed to be and correctly understanding the dimensions. Since the object I chose had so many different dimensions, I had a really hard time getting all of them down and I also struggled really hard with all the different areas of shadow and light on my object.The silver of my object was very reflective and therefore used multiple colors ranging from white to bright silver and back to very very dark gray. After spending quite a few hours on this project, I was pretty frustrated but was able to finish it and was pleased enough with the final product.

Selfie with Original Object:




Original Object/Mesh Object:

No comments:

Post a Comment