Monday, May 2, 2016

Tutorial: Selecting our Favorite Posters

Before we did the poster assignment, we were told to explore some of the links on the art210 website in order to get some inspiration on what we wanted our posters to look like and to find good examples on previous poster work that has been done. While exploring, I really liked the World War II era posters because personally, that time in history completely fascinates me. I thought that these World War II posters did an amazing job of illustrating the concept of three that we discussed in class, by having words on the top, an image in the middle, and a call to action on the bottom to draw your eye and inspire you. However, my favorite by far were the Yusaku Kamekura posters. I thought this poster work was more abstract and I absolutely LOVED that. The colors were bright and bold, and the artistic abstract image in it immediately drew your eye and made you curious about what it was discussing. I found this to be very inspiring because in the career I hope to go into, advertising through posters is essential to draw someone's eye and make them want to know more. I really liked exploring these, and found it very enjoyable and eye-opening.

This was my favorite poster out of all of them:

No comments:

Post a Comment