Wednesday, May 4, 2016

An Overview of This Semester

The ending of this class is a very bittersweet experience for me. Where to begin on describing this journey of a class and how much I have learned from it?

In this class, I learned a countless amount of information. Before taking Intro to Digital Arts, I had absolutely no idea what any of the softwares we worked with were, let alone how to use them. The only software we used that I had even heard of was Photoshop, and I was in for a very big surprise on how difficult it would be to master all of these programs. I would say that honestly, the software program I had the hardest time with was actually Photoshop. Perhaps this was due to the fact that almost all of our first assignments were on Photoshop, but I was so lost on where to even begin. However, I do feel that once I had finally learned enough about Photoshop and how to maneuver all the tools, I had a much easier time comprehending all of the other programs because they all had similar bases.

I would definitely say that in terms of the most difficult assignment, I experienced the most frustration with the Canvas and the Animation. I believe that the reason I experienced such difficulty with the canvas was because I legitimately had no understanding of what to do or how to work the program. I eventually was able to produce something that I did feel was well-done, but this was after quite a lot of stress and struggle. The animation was very stressful for me because honestly, more than anything I felt afraid of having to complete this project and was so unsure of where to even begin. However, I do feel that I also experienced successes in this class: I did a great job with the Autoscopy assignment and felt it was a great way to artistically express a personal issue very close to my heart. I also had a lot of fun with the Poster project, and I suppose these assignments are what I would consider to be my best work because they both gave me a chance to re-create myself in a different light, and choose to portray myself in any way I wanted.

Besides being academically challenging, this class was also immensely challenging to my own personal mental state and learning to balance. I do believe that this class has been the most difficult class I have ever taken in college, and I am now a senior. When I took this class, I took it because it was part of the requirements for my major. I had no idea what I was getting into, and there were countless times when I truly thought I couldn't do it anymore, or that I was going to fail the class. However, I am grateful that this class pushed me to my limits, because I was able to see my own strength and devotion to my education and future career, which was an exciting and awakening opportunity for me. I learned to balance, and I learned that I needed to better manage my stress and how upset and frustrated I would get with the smallest of things.

I of course must credit my professor, Santiago Echeverry, who also helped with this gain in personal insight and who never allowed me to stop challenging myself and exploring my limits. His humor and savvy got me through the class and his devotion to the topic was quite inspiring. He was always more than willing to help and always saw the most potential in every single one of his students. I also owe a lot of credit to my classmate Christianna Ing, whose everlasting patience and assistance in this class made my semester a joy. I couldn't have done it without her. Overall, I am glad I took this course, and truly do believe that I have gained a lot of knowledge that will help me in my personal life and in my career goals. Thank you Santi!













nsely challenging to

No comments:

Post a Comment